Runas + password +
encryption = RunAsSpc
Guidance and Examples
- Security patches, software updates, programs and each
other software-package can be installed by the user themselves without
having administrator privileges.
RunAsSpc will start the application with other credentials than the
logged-on user. The login information for the application like username
and password are read from an encrypted file.
An administrator can specify, e.g. by central encrypt files, which
applications have to start with admin rights.
RunAsSpc is compatible with the most file endings like
No installation procedure for RunAsSpc.
- Many users are working under administrator account,
because some programs are missing administrator rights to run correctly.
By RunAsSpc, a standard user has not to login as
administrator to run this applications.
- Surfing the Internet as an administrator makes the
system vulnerable to malware, spyware, viruses and other security
risks. Surf with a limited rights account, the amount of
risk decreases dramatically. Start your Browser under this
limited account with RunAsSpc.
- You want to instruct someone to configure a computer,
but you cannot give him the administrator password, because you use it
also on other systems?
With RunAsSpc and its encrypted file which starts the computer manager
(compmgmt.msc) or a file manager like Total Commander based on
administrator account, you can give him full access to this computer
without to give him the administrator password.
Before i developed RunAsSpc. I looked for a version of runas with the
RunAsSpc starts programs under another user account than the logged-in
- The user does not have to enter a password, like on
- Only the applications allowed by me, could be started
by the user.
- The tool must not be bypassed by simple renaming the
application name or saving of Identification like
- It should be simple to handle.
The application and the account information will be read from a secured
crypt file, which built on command line with RunasSpc or the
administrator interface RunAsSpcAdmin.
Each encrypted file receives its own password at runtime, created by
the file itself, like a finger mark.
Before RunAsSpc start the authorized application, the application will
be checked on bit level.
RunAsSpc does not require an installation procedure. You only need to
copy runasspc.exe and an encrypted file on a computer to start it
RunAsSpc can also be run without using a cyptfile. You can call
runasspc.exe with password in clear text on command line. It can be
useful for scripts and tests.
Guidance and Examples
- Run as administrator is not working.
Your application, script, or batch file probably does not request
elevated privileges on an UAC activated system.
If an application request elevated privileges, then RunAsSpc start it
with elevated privileges.
A non-elevated application, like your one, can run with elevated
rights by using additional the tool RunElevated,
or simply using our advanced tool RunasRob.
- bypass the UAC Dialog is the way of our tool RunasRob
- RunAsSpc couldn’t find the application
- Set the complete path of the application in the encrypted file.
- The application must be reached for the user who calls the
application over RunAsSpc, because RunAsSpc read the checksum of the
application before the application will be call under another user
- Error messages can be suppressed by switch /quiet
runasspc.exe /cryptfile:“path/cryptfile.spc“ /quiet
- UNC Path are supported. Mapped drives not .
The cryptfile can be on a mapped drive but not the application.
- RunAsSpc, cryptfile and the application can be on
- Errors Codes:
The most errors codes are explained on Microsoft MSDN.
- Running on XP, Server 2003, Server 2008, Server 2012,
Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, 64 and 32 Bit
- The restriction of the free version for private use
is the start-up window with license information which appears at random
even if you set the switch /quiet.
- Authorize only a specific user or group to run a an
This can be achieved over NTFS permissions to the encrypted file, or
the program file or folder.
For any suggestions, errors or questions
RunAsSpc is free for private use.
For companies we deliver a licensed version of RunAsSpc, registered to
the enterprise`s name..