Run as administrator, run as system, as service or different user with RunAsRob
RunAsRob is not just a Runas with password command utility, it offers four completely different login options to run software as administrator with system rights.
A limited user can temporarily moved to the local administrator group, only for the authorized application or
RunAsRob start the application with system account, this account has even more local privileges than an administrator.
Another option is running as service, which launch the program or a script after computer is booted and before a user logs in.
The fourth login option is running software as different user, like the command runas, but with the possibility to pass the password encrypted.
Another advantage of RunAsRob is the possibility to authorize a complete folder from which programs can launch with admin privileges.
Spectrum of possibilities
- Authorize program files or folders, which can used from a limited user to run software as administrator.
- Distribute software, updates, patches, drivers,... by simply copying the update file on a network share you have authorized in RunAsRob and user can run it as admin from there.
- Give only a specific program administrator rights instead of a whole user account.
- Delegate administrative tasks to users by authorizing the specific job.
- Manage all allowed application files, folders and directories in a domain central by group policies, organisational units and ntfs folder rights. RunAsRob harmonised well with it.
- Bypass UAC for a script or an application.
- A script and a program can run as system account via RunAsRob, a system account has more system privileges than an administrator.
- Run application as admin with the own profile and setting of the limitied user account.
In other runas utilities it is just possible to run as administrator by using another account.
- Wildcard asterisk * and environment variable like %windir% are possible to authorize a relative directory or program path.
- You need not credentials of an admin account in an encrypted file or elsewhere.
The authorization and login information are controlled by registry, folder permissions and a system service.
- Run as service an application or a script with system privileges after system boot, if a user is logged in or not.
- RunAsRob can effective and easy used on a local client, in a small windows network or in a large domain environment, because its clearly designed.
RunAsRob contains three parts:
Run as admin and run as system >>>
Run as service >>>
Run as different user >>>
RunAsRob details, differences, FAQs:
RunAsRob details >>>
For any suggestions, errors, questions, specific requirements or adjustments please contact:
RunasRob is only free for private use.
For companies and other organisations we deliver a licensed version, registered to the organisation name.
Order RunasRob >>>
Download RunasRob >>>